Entry Level Information for Show Management
How To Host An Entry Level Show
The NRHA Entry Level Reining Program was designed as a developmental tool for NRHA affiliates. Developmental programs like this can help organizations attract members, provide opportunities for existing members and strengthen your financial situation. With this being said, these classes and shows are specifically designed to target an entry-level audience and be exhibitor-friendly. Recently, NRHA has seen extreme interest in entry-level programs for horseman of all backgrounds. With added encouragement from affiliates, we have developed a program that we feel has great potential expand the NRHA family. The program can capture the attention equine enthusiasts worldwide by making it easier to show, easier to compete at a comfortable level and easier to develop Reining skills.
Show Management Advantages of Hosting an Entry Level Show or Class:
- Opportunity to make money
- Free advertising (NRHA will serve as your marketing arm through worldwide promotion of the program including magazine advertisements, direct email marketing and more)
- Family oriented, fun, and educational for all ages of riders
- Gives exhibitors the opportunity to gain knowledge by being allowed to talk to judges at the conclusion of the class
- Often provides a less expensive place for exhibitors to play as entry fees should be less than a typical show. This gives an affiliate the ability to reach out to a different audience than may already be attending your shows.
- Recognizes achievement levels of beginner riders through the Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner Rewards Program. The program awards jackets and Montana Silversmiths trophy buckles at two achievement levels. For affiliates, this means you do not have to develop or maintain an affiliate awards program of your own.
The general class design allows show management to determine the entry-fee and retainage. Also, NRHA does not collect the 5% show fee. The three available classes give you the opportunity to select one based on your affiliate's needs or criteria.
The Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner and Ride & Slide Classes only require an associate membership.
A Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner class must be held in conjunction with an NRHA Ancillary show. Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner patterns can be relaxed (simple or flying lead change/ one hands or two hands). You may run Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner classes concurrent with your club classes, and still give riders the opportunity to reach milestone achievements with the Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner Rewards Program.
The Ride & Slide Level 1classes are very similar to the Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner, but small differences exist. The rider may use one or two hands. Patterns can be relaxed or determined by show management. The only pattern requirements are two sliding stops, two circles each direction, four spins to the left and four spins to the right. Ride & Slide Level 1 classes are offered in open, non pro and youth divisions.
The Ride & Slide Level 2 classes are different that then Ride & Slide Level 1. The rider must use one hand and NRHA patterns as specified in the NRHA Handbook. Ride & Slide Level 2 classes are offered in open, non pro and youth divisions.
The application fees are as follows:
|Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner||$0|
|Ride & Slide Level 1||$30|
|Ride & Slide Level 2||$50|
Step 2: Submitting your show approval.
- Send in show approval application, complete with applicable trophy fees and application fees.
- If you are selecting the Ride & Slide Level 1 classes please enclose the pattern diagram you will be using if other than NRHA patterns.
- All other approval guidelines will exist.
- Call NRHA to make sure the approval was received.
- After we receive the approval, an email will be sent asking for show management's approval.
|Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner Level 1||Associate, Youth or Non Pro membership||Less than $200 lifetime NRHA earnings, less than 75 youth points, less than 200 Green points.|
|Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner Level 2||Associate, Youth or Non Pro membership||Less than $350 lifetime NRHA earnings, less than 175 youth points, less than 350 Green points.|
|Ride & Slide Open Level 1||Any NRHA membership||$0 NRHA lifetime earnings and 0 youth points|
|Ride & Slide Non Pro Level 1||Associate, Youth or Non Pro membership||$0 NRHA lifetime earnings and 0 youth points|
|Ride & Slide Youth Level 1||Associate or Youth membership||$0 NRHA lifetime earnings and 0 youth points- Must be under 18 years of age as of January 1.|
|Ride & Slide Open Level 2||Any NRHA membership||Less than $500 NRHA lifetime earnings and 50 lifetime youth points|
|Ride & Slide Non Pro Level 2||Any NRHA membership||Less than $500 NRHA lifetime earnings and 50 lifetime youth points|
|Ride & Slide Youth Level 2||Associate or Youth||Less than $500 NRHA lifetime earnings and 50 lifetime youth points - Must be under 18 years of age as of January 1.|
Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner Reward milestones are as follows:
|Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner 1||200 points||Jacket|
|Silver Spurs Equine Green Reiner 2||350 points||Montana Silversmiths Buckle|
Awards will be given out following show results verification and milestone achievements.
See the NRHA Handbook for more details.