Join the NRHA
New members: Sign up for a new account and join today!
Previous members: Log into the Members Only section to renew online.
Download NRHA Membership Forms
Programs & Services
- Members of NRHA can participate in over 850 NRHA-approved shows per year in addition to 250 Entry Level events. These shows, national and international in scope, pay out nearly $14 million dollars in prizes with the top prize being over $150,000 for the winner of the NRHA Futurity Open Level 4 class.
- NRHA shows have a selection of classes designed to provide a level of competition for everyone – from beginning green riders to top professionals.
- All NRHA shows utilize NRHA-approved judges who have completed comprehensive training and passed rigorous testing before receiving their judge's privileges. This means that the consistency and fairness of scoring is the same at every show, in every level of competition, in every part of the world.
- NRHA keeps accurate track of horse and rider earnings. This information is available online to NRHA members only.
- NRHA supports and manages the NRHA Sire & Dam Program, which makes breedings to top stallions available either through the online auction or on a first come, first serve basis at a discount. Stallions participating in the program are eligible for NRHA Futurity and Derby Sire Awards while Sire & Dam offspring are eligible for reduced entry into the NRHA Futurity and Derby.
- NRHA has a separate nonprofit organization, the Reining Horse Sports Foundation (RHSF), which is committed to carrying the sport onward through five core programs: Youth, Dale Wilkinson Memorial Crisis Fund, Hall of Fame, International Development, and Research & Education.
- NRHA provides unique and comprehensive networking opportunities for members to connect with other members, top owners and the best NRHA Professionals in the world.
- NRHA operates a website for its members which provides current information about all aspects of the sport. Membership includes $10 towards information searches in the database every month.
- NRHA is organized into affiliate associations who run NRHA-approved shows. Riders compete in these affiliate shows to qualify for affiliate championships in areas including the North America, Europe and Australia.
- NRHA produces three high-quality NRHA/Markel Futurity Horse Sales annually: the NRHA/Markel Breeders Showcase Sale, the NRHA/Markel Marketplace Sale and the NRHA/Markel Futurity Prospect Sale.
- NRHA sponsors the Silver Spurs Equine Rookie of the Year program.
- NRHA features the National Reining Horse Youth Association (NRHyA) program, giving its youth members access to scholarship and leadership development opportunities like the Varsity Reining Club.
- NRHA hosts a Collegiate Judging Contest, Collegiate Reining Championships and High School Reining Championships each year.
- NRHA sponsors the Varsity Equestrian National Championship, Intercollegiate Horse Show Association and the American Youth Horse Council.
- NRHA sponsors and helps produce the Interscholastic Equestrian Association Western National Finals held in conjunction with the NRHA Derby.
NRHA Corporate Partner Benefits
NRHA Reiner Magazine
Since 1980, the NRHA Reiner magazine has been the source on all things Reining. The Reiner is the official publication of the NRHA and as such covers all aspects of the association's activities from local Affiliate events, to the prestigious NRHA Futurity and Derby, to worldwide international competitions such as the NRHA European Futurity and Derby. Each month, the publication offers inside information on the owners, breeders, professionals and non pros involved with the sport as well as educational and historical information. It is a “must” for performance horse enthusiasts from all disciplines. Subscriptions are free to members (U.S. 3rd Class postage, one per household. Additional postage applies for Canada and International Reiner delivery. Life members after 2004 are required to pay a member subscription fee. Additional postage may apply.). To subscribe to the NRHA Reiner, fill out a subscription card here or call the NRHA offices at 405-946-7400. You can also view current and back issues of the magazine for free online via the Digital Reiner. Anderson Bean Boot Company – Official Boot of NRHA
The Anderson Bean Boot Company crafts boots with a tradition that places importance on quality. Anderson Bean boots are made in Mercedes, Texas by craftsmen that have a lifetime’s experience in the art of boot making. Many of them are second or third generation boot makers. Their devotion to this tradition is evident in their attention to detail throughout the boot. Anderson Bean boots have a distinctive and comfortable fit. These boots are made with all leather construction and are a genuinely American-made product. As a special deal for all NRHA members, Anderson Bean Boots offers a 10% discount on a pair of quality boots. New members also receive $25 off their first purchase. Visit andersonbean.com to find an Anderson Bean Boot dealer near you.
Rios of Mercedes – Official Boot of NRHA
For over 160 years, Rios of Mercedes boots has been faithful to quality handmade boot making in Mercedes, Texas. This tradition is evident in their attention to detail throughout the boot. They have a distinctive and comfortable fit. They build boots honestly, without shortcuts, gimmicks or tricks, to bring you the traditions of the boot maker’s art. Become a new member of NRHA and receive a coupon for $25 off your next pair of Rios of Mercedes Boots. Current NRHA members receive 10%Off Rios of Mercedes Boots at participating retail stores. Visit riosofmercedes.com to find a dealer near you.
If you're looking for official NRHA shirts, hats, jackets and more, NRHA Outfitters is the place to go. They have everything branded with the NRHA Logo for men, women and children. Subscribe to the NRHA Newsletter to see the latest offers. Visit nrhaoutfitter.com for the complete NRHA Outfitters online catalog.