WHAT IS THE NRHA NOMINATION PROGRAM?
• In order for horses to be eligible to enter and show in the NRHA North American and/or European Futurity and Derby they must be nominated and/or optioned into the applicable NRHA Nomination Program.
• The nominator of the horse listed on the nomination form can never be changed.
• There is the North American Nomination Program, designed for horses intending to enter the North American Futurity and/or Derby, and the European Nomination Program designed for horses intending to enter the European Futurity and/or Derby.
• There is an “option” fee available for horses when nominating so that the horses can be entered into both the North American and European Programs.
• The nomination DOES NOT enter them into the Futurity and/or Derby; it makes them eligible to enter.
• When entering and competing at the Futurity and Derby if the horse wins money in those Futurity or Derby classes, the nominator will receive 5% of the winnings, even if they no longer own the horse.
• There can only be ONE member ID number associated with the nominator position, and that number can belong to anyone, it does not necessarily have to be the owner.
• Any horse can be nominated.
• Copies of the registration papers do not have to accompany the nomination form at the time of nomination, however they will need to be sent in when they are obtained (if grade then four color photos, one of each side of horse) to complete the competition license, on of which proof of nomination will be listed.
• The Competition license MUST be paid at the time of nomination if horse is not already licensed.
• Nominators must be current members of NRHA at the time of nomination.
• The cut-off for nominations is DECEMBER 31st
WHAT YOU NEED TO NOMINATE
• A current NRHA General membership
• Nomination form filled COMPLETELY OUT for each horse being nominated
• Nomination fees (valid CC’s, check, cash, or wire transfer with certificate of success)
• Competition License fees
• DECEMBER 31st is the cut-off for nominating. After this date weanlings will be considered yearlings and so forth.
Registration papers are required to get the competition license and will have proof of nomination on them. A horse can still be nominated WITHOUT the registration papers; they will just appear as pending in the system until a COPY of the papers is received.
Four color photos (one of each side of the horse) plus a completely filled out competition license form must accompany nomination form for the license or be sent in when the license is being obtained.
It is important that each nominator reviews the nomination conditions before signing the form.
LISTS OF NRHA NOMINATED HORSES
Click on the links below to view nominated foals. The lists are organized by the year the horse was foaled, not by the year the horse was nominated. If your horse still shows to have a pending name, please submit a copy of the breed papers with the correct owner listed to nomsNA@nrha.com for North American or nomsEU@nrha.com for European, faxed to 405-946-8425, or mailed to 3000 NW 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73107.
Note: If horse is optioned then it will appear in the original programs list with a “yes” in the option section. It will not appear on both lists.
Still have questions? Contact the NRHA Office (405) 946-7400